Discord: Talk, Chat & Hang Out
CREATE AN INVITE-ONLY PLACE
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, have meetings, or just talk to friends about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Send a message directly to a friend or call them up with our voice chat feature
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Got a free moment? Grab a seat in a voice channel so friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk without having to call. You can even watch videos together!
• Reliable tech for staying close with friends. Low-latency voice and video chat feels like you’re meeting in the same room.
• Easily talk with friends while gaming and steam roll the competition.
• Be a meme messenger with easy image sharing
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VIDEO, AND VOICE CHAT
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, share stories over voice calls, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Snap a photo and turn it into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from funny videos and stories to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember those moments later.
• Hang out in group channels or talk privately with direct messages
• Zoom through convos with friends using topic-specific channels!
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends or teams, organize meetings for your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
Midjourney is an independent research lab that produces a proprietary artificial intelligence program under the same name that creates images from textual descriptions, similar to OpenAI’s DALL-E and Stable Diffusion. The tool is currently in open beta, which it entered on July 12, 2022. The Midjourney team is led by David Holz, who co-founded Leap Motion. Holz told The Register in August 2022 that the company was already profitable. Users create artwork with Midjourney using Discord bot commands
Midjourney was founded by David Holz, co-founder of Leap motion. It first entered open beta on July 12, 2022.] However, on March 14, 2022, the discord server launched with a request to post high-quality photographs to Twitter/Reddit for system’s training.
The company has been working on improving its algorithms, releasing new versions every few months. Version 2 of their algorithm was launched in April 2022 and version 3 in July. On November 10, 2022, the alpha iteration of version 4 was released to users.
Midjourney is currently only accessible through a Discord bot on their official Discord, by direct messaging the bot, or by inviting the bot to a third party server. To generate images, users use the
/imagine command and type in a prompt; the bot then returns an image. Midjourney is also working on a web interface. They just created a webapp where people can freely see their photographs and get fast GPUs with relaxed features for improved performance.
Founder David Holz says he sees artists as custom